Installing a lawn sprinkler system in your lawn or yard is a big decision. The company or contractor installing your sprinkler system must know his trade so that the result meets your expectations. Hiring a contractor is the crucial decision which decides the success of your lawn sprinkler system. Try these tips for hiring someone to install your commercial irrigation systems in Northern Virginia:
First, you need to plan your lawn sprinkler system. Draw a rough sketch on a piece of paper, preferably to scale. You could request help from someone who knows a little about how this works. After making your sketch, show it to potential contractors. Once they see it, they will be able to offer you a quote. Once you have the quote of one contractor, you can show the same design to many contractors and compare quotes. This will ensure that you get the best price and an affordable lawn sprinkler contractor.
When dealing with lawn sprinkler installation companies, you will have to ask if they subcontract their work. If they do subcontract their work, then you may have to check the quality and reputation of those contractors and companies, too. You can also meet with them and ask them all the relevant questions. Ask for references as well.
When giving instructions to a commercial lawn sprinkler system contractor, you must be very clear. Tell them exactly what you want. Don’t tell them how you want it. The technicalities are best left to the experts. If you try to tell them how to do it, they may end up blaming you for any fault in the system, or they may even charge you extra. Be very clear and precise as to what you want and leave no room for doubt.
Many technical, industry-related terms that a contractor may use could be ones that you will not understand. Make sure to ask and clarify everything. Each term could mean something crucial. If you discover a contractor who uses too much jargon to confuse you, then it is best to scratch his or her name off the list. Even if some terms are simple to understand, their implication could be something completely different.
This business does not require a lot of capital. You need to protect yourself and be very aware of contractors who will run out of money. Dishonest contractors may skip town because of a lack of capital. You must have a signed contract from the contractors before paying 50% of the amount. Only 10% must be paid before any work starts, and the other 40% must be paid when the material is brought over and work commences.
There are many sprinkler system companies and making the right choice is important. Hiring a small, unlicensed contractor is quite risky and is not advised. It is an added advantage if you read more about lawn sprinkler systems and are well-versed with what happens. If the contractor sees that you know what you want, decreases the chances of him or her having the opportunity to cheat you.
The automatic lawn sprinkler installation business doesn’t require a lot of capital. There is always a possibility of the contractor running out of cash and ceasing all work. It doesn’t matter how experienced they are or how many days they have been doing the job. You need to be vigilant and aware of all the laws that govern these cases and what to do in such a situation. Don’t run into a loss because of someone else’s situation. As a general rule, do not pay more than 10% of the total cost before any works start. When the material is brought over and work starts, you can pay another 40% of the cost. The remaining payment should be made only when the job is finished. Always have a signed lien release from the contractor before making 50% of the payment.
If you are hiring a small, unlicensed contractor, then you may have to purchase all of the material on your own. Only undertake this if you are sure you understand the materials, measurements, and pricing. If you’re willing to take the trouble, then you might save some cost.
The last thing to do is to educate yourself well about lawn sprinkler systems and sprinkler systems. The more you know, the more you can protect yourself should you hire an unscrupulous contractor. The most crucial job is yours.